Re: [board] #12: Fedora Council Charter Draft: collect concerns for revisions in preparation for vote

#12: Fedora Council Charter Draft: collect concerns for revisions in preparation
for vote
------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  mattdm      |       Owner:  mattdm

Comment (by mattdm):

 Replying to [comment:16 inode0]:
 > I don't know how the outreach and building groups will select
 representatives from what I've read so far. The proposal does not call for
 committee selection. While FESCo naturally subsumes all of the
 distro/product building groups, FAmSCo is just an ambassador body.

 That is a bit uncharted. Thanks for highlighting it. We could ask for a
 special selection committee comprised of representatives from:
 Ambassadors, Marketing, Docs, Websites, and Ask Fedora? (Maybe also IRC
 Support SIG? Anything else?) FESCo could do a similar thing, although as
 you say it's already structured in a way that makes it a natural point as
 is. For the outreach side, do you think it's problematic to ask FAmSCo to
 organize that and be inclusive, even though it's bigger than the scope
 they've traditionally had?

 > Thus far I haven't heard what to me is a compelling reason to treat the
 two seats elected directly by the entire community differently. Part of
 the expressed responsibility of those seats will be to pursue specific
 goals advertised during the election process. What if those goals don't
 have a timetable that can be effectively achieved in one year? I don't see
 any reason to structurally prevent the community at large from saying this
 person has done good work toward those goals and we would like him/her to
 continue for another year. Perhaps the community would simply prefer
 continuity in its representation too.

 I'm not strongly stuck on this, and can be convinced that we should change
 it. Possibly some work on revitalizing the election process -- and
 focusing on those advertised goals as you mention -- can have the same
 effect.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/12#comment:17>
board <https://fedorahosted.org/board>