Re: representative council roles [was Re: [board] #9: board vote on reorganization proposals]

Christoph list is still too large, if we want an effective committee,
it should be able to hold regular phone calls or meet important
stakeholders of the project one or twice a year.

0. FPL (chairman)
1. Technical Committee representative (FESCo, Release Engineering, QA, Product)
2. Infrastructure/Web representative
3. Outreach representative (marketing, ambassadors)
4. appointed seat
5. appointed seat
6. appointed seat
7. elected seat
8. elected seat
9. elected seat

=> I would even cut seat 6 & 9 if possible.
=> Elected seats could be tied to a subgroup with the agreement of the
existing members if it is considered strategical to have that subgroup
represented.

1/3 of seats is given to the people who have the stewardship of the project
1/3 of seats is elected by the contributors
1/3 of seats is left to the FPL to balance the composition and bring
strategic partners.

+ invited members by the FPL with the agreement of the council

---

FPGM could be an appointed member, it's a Red Hat position, it has
actually no meaning within the Fedora Community.
Tying seats to RH positions (except for the FPL) would give a *bad*
signal to the community.
Don't get me wrong, I think that Jaroslav should be part of the
council not because of his $DAYJOB but as a valuable member of this
community.

If you consider Christoph list, most seats are likely to be filled by
Red Hat employees, except for the FAmSCo one.
We also need to leave some space for the community and the FPL to
bring some advisors to help him shape the direction and the vision of
the project.

Regards,
H.