Re: propsal summaries, moving forward [was Re: [Request for Comments] Governance change for Fedora Project]

Le 6 sept. 2014 18:08, "Rahul Sundaram" <metherid@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 8:25 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>>

>>  - If the decision-making power is vested in one person, I think there's a
>>    strong case for having a separate "watchdog" sort of body. If the
>>    representative group is itself more than advisory, that doesn't seem
>>    necessary to me.
>

> Realistically, what decisions can the FPL ever enforce that the community doesn't agree with? If there is no consensus, there is effectively no decision.
>
> Rahul

*nods*
There may be few corner cases but forcing a decision would be a very bad move. Concertations the way to go and the FPLs (formers and current) have always favoured consensus.

At least, people agreed during the workshop that the FPL wouldn't decide against a clear majority.

H.