Re: Unofficial Fedora Remix being advertised on the project front page

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 12:06 PM, inode0 <inode0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What is an example of an official remix? I don't understand the
distinction between official and unofficial remixes? Aren't all
remixes outside the scope of the Fedora Project and unofficial from
our perspective?

As far as I understand it, there is no such thing as an "official" remix.  All remixes are outside the scope of the Fedora Project.

As much as I love Pidora (even to the point of providing hosting for their site) and think the Seneca folks are doing a fine job with it, I'm not sure how far I would personally want to go down the road towards categorizing remixes into two camps of "we will advertise these remixes" and "we won't advertise these remixes" on the website.  One could hope that common sense would prevail, but if there's anything I've learned over the past several years, it's that common sense to one person is complete madness to another.  With that in mind, I've come to my own personal conclusion that if it were totally up to me (and thank goodness it isn't!), I would think it best not to advertise any remixes on the front page of the Fedora Project website.  A sobering conculsion to be sure, but I can't see any other logical end that doesn't somehow split remixes into "haves" and "have nots".

--
Jared Smith