Re: Unofficial Fedora Remix being advertised on the project front page

On 10/16/2013 04:06 PM, inode0 wrote:
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There is nothing but good to have plethora of remixes however we cannot be
wasting project resources dealing with their problems ( depending how far
the unofficial remixes are from as and which component they add which we do
not ship it can be extremely difficult to reproduce the bug they are
experiencing. )
What is an example of an official remix? I don't understand the
distinction between official and unofficial remixes? Aren't all
remixes outside the scope of the Fedora Project and unofficial from
our perspective?

I thought so as well.

But any how is it different that we advertise and point to for example
rpmfusion.org but we can point to unofficial remix?
Pidora does not contain anything prohibited by Fedora as far as I
know.

Today it contains nothing that is prohibited by Fedora tomorrow it might which is the problem with 3rd party remixes and who's supposed to keep tab of that so their advertisement can be brought down as soon as they do?

JBG