Re: multi-desktop DVD criteria

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 14:27, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 14:17 -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>
>> > "Must have an approved test plan on file with the Fedora Quality
>> > Assurance team
>> > Test plan should be written involving members of the QA team
>> > Test plan must be executed by someone, with review by a member of the QA
>> > team. NB: this requires at least 2 people to participate in the testing.
>> > The above must be in place in sufficient time to allow testing, and
>> > remediation of uncovered issues, to occur"
>> >
>> > *None* of this was is part of the spins process.
>>
>> It should be. And if it means we drop all our spins... I am ok with that.
>
> Um. This seems radical. As I wrote on the comment page for the draft,
> this whole thing seems to have been drawn up without any engagement with
> the QA team at all, which hardly seems the best way to do things. If
> you'd asked us, we may well have come up with a different way of doing
> things. In point of fact, QA, the desktop group and the other various
> desktop teams have come up with a testing process for at least all the
> desktop spins over the last couple of releases which has proven to work
> well, although it doesn't exactly match what's in your draft. Perhaps it
> would have been better to work with the QA group and the various spin
> groups to decide what would be appropriate QA for spins rather than
> simply deciding it (apparently) unilaterally.

ONE To me if you have an existing test plan for the existing desktops
then the above would be met. Personally the section is written in that
way to skip any "we don't need to involve QA in spins" language in the
future.

TWO ITS A DRAFT. It is a starting position because there needed to be
something to work from right away (to get past the "No one has done
anything since October.") So change it, please.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren