Dear Fedora board, please open your trac

The discussion about the multi-desktop DVD is going on for months now
and we still have no images and not even a decision.

One thing I noticed during this discussion is that many decisions of the
board (or the lack thereof) are based on insufficient information and
false assumptions. We lost valuable time and if we had a simple,
documented and clearly defined process of bringing something up to the
board's attention, we could have avoided this.

Here is my proposal how to make communication with the board more
efficient:

     1. The board opens it's trac instance at
        https://fedorahosted.org/board/
     2. People file a ticket. They can ether assign the 'Meeting'
        keyword directly or a board member reviews the new tickets once
        a week and assigns the keyword.
     3. A report 'Meeting items' is created based of all open tickets
        with the 'meeting' keyword. In fact this report already exists
        at https://fedorahosted.org/board/report/9 but is private.
     4. The meeting takes place and we can be sure that all board
        members have sufficient information directly from the ticket
        requester and not from a middle man or somewhere on a mailing
        list.
     5. The ticket requester and the board members can follow the
        process in the ticket instead of having to dig through lengthy
        mailing list threads.
     6. Only if a question is really solved the ticket is closed,
        otherwise it remains on the meeting agenda. I'm sure that we
        already had a decision about the multi-desktop DVD is the board
        was forced to revisit the topic in every meeting.

This is the process that many groups in Fedora are using and it AFAICS
works quite well.

If the board is afraid that the process is too open, there are two
      * Restrict ticket access to only board members and ticket creators
        (people can see their tickets but not others). This is the setup
        FAmSCo uses.
      * Use board-private@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for sensitive topics.

I am convinced that more transparency will benefit the Fedora community
and make the board's work more efficient.

Regards,
Christoph