Re: GNOME as the default desktop (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Minutes - 2010-12-06)

On 12/16/2010 10:01 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

I usually have my IRC proxy or client camped on Gimpnet
#fedora-desktop as well.  In my experience it's not been difficult at
all to find someone to answer questions for me -- before, during, or
after being FPL.

For people like me who work on a different timezone, IRC is far less accessible than mailing lists.  I would MUCH prefer regular IRC meetings + summaries that I can read compared to staying up late nights to get answers on IRC.  The problem has never been that desktop team is unapproachable or anything like that.  On the contrary,  compared to the constant anti GNOME drivel from certain people (you know who you are) in #fedora-kde,  #fedora-desktop is gimpnet is far more friendlier and focused on getting things done.  However,  not discussing things in mailing list or not having regular IRC meetings makes it harder to contribute.   I have requested for some of these changes before in the desktop mailing list but that didn't work out.

Rahul