Re: Planet Fedora guidelines?

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> John, would you agree it's useful to the community to see the official
>> press releases that Red Hat does concerning Fedora itself?  I'll ask
>> Infrastructure to find the source account of that feed, and then I'll
>> talk to the responsible individual to get this set up appropriately.
>
> I could be wrong (John, please correct me if I am) but I believe he was
> just pointing out what a slippery slope we'd be on if we start censoring
> posts to planet.  IMHO it's a dark road with no benefits to Fedora.

Unless something has changed and I missed the memo I thought the
planet was for contributors to share their thoughts about Fedora and
pretty much anything else they cared to talk about. It really was
never meant to be a press feed, it wasn't ever meant to be about only
Fedora (or some percentage that someone determines about Fedora or
...), it wasn't meant to be the place to send new people unless they
were adventurous.

I think the planet is fine without new rules and I think this
conversation should probably be happening on the planet rather than
here so planet participants can be engaged. Planet posters seem to me
to largely be doing a good job of running the planet community in a
friendly way without our help.

John