Re: Planet Fedora guidelines?

2010/6/18 Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 17:13 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> On 06/18/2010 05:03 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> > http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/oktarahadian/~3/3LGRNs5v_cw/
>> >

>> > Is it just me who takes issue with a 400x400 px ubuntu logo on the top
>> > Planet Fedora?
>>
>> I find it disturbing too but I would hate to have policies and
>> enforcement, is a slippery slope on which if we engage may find
>> ourselves  in a less friendly place.
>
> The problem is, while to you and me it is obvious that a huge ubuntu
> logo as your first post on Planet Fedora is at best dumb and at worst
> rude and adversarial, it seems it is not to some of the people we've
> been nice enough to give the open privilege to post to our planet.
>
> I think just letting it go makes it appear to be an ok thing to do when
> it's NOT.

Whatever happened to the days when the planet was a place for
contributors to express themselves, both personally and
professionally, "warts and all?"

Given that the Fedora Planet is a fine place to express political
views about what is going on in one country or another I can't believe
we are now talking about policing posts that appear to actually be
about free software.

When I asked on this list about discouraging political rants on the
planet because it makes us all look like idiots to new readers I was
given the "warts and all" explanation of why that is fine. I accepted
that then and unless it was complete BS this doesn't bother me in the
least.

> Maybe we don't need policies and enforcement (I certainly think they are
> an annoying overhead on top of anything they are applied to), but I
> certainly do not want to have to tolerate this kind of crap and enable
> people to be less than excellent *just* for the sake of not having
> policies and enforcement.
>
> The person is apparently a new FAS account holder and a recent Planet
> Fedora addition, and just may not understand. And how would he if we
> don't have any guidelines written anywhere?

He will learn the ropes by having other contributors "be excellent" to
him by making a stink about commenting on the Ubuntu manual project?

John