Re: Election schedule

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 8:12 AM, inode0 <inode0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello FAB folks,
>>
>> With a Fedora release looming in the future, it's time again to
>> sharpen our quills and prepare for elections!  That means we need (1)
>> a schedule, (2) someone to administer candidate questionnaires,
>> assuming voters continue to find them helpful, and (3) people to help
>> run any town hall meetings for the candidates.
>
> I spoke shortly after the last election with Larry Cafiero about
> handling the questionnaires during this election. I'll try to confirm
> with him soon if he is still willing to fill that role.
>
> Candidates complete questionnaire: May 6-11
> Questionnaire answers posted: May 12
> Town halls: May 13-19
>
> This might need a bit more of a gap as organizing the responses takes
> a bit of time and it is good to have the answers posted a few days
> before townhalls begin so everyone has a chance to read them prior to
> attending.
>
> I'm willing to again organize the townhalls and round up moderators
> for them unless someone else would like to give that a go this time.

I'd be happy to help out here; it would be awesome <mchua hat>if there
was an SOP</mchua hat> on how to organize townhalls and/or be a
moderator so that those of us who have only been around for one
election cycle can come up to speed quickly. :)  (I can help you out
with writing the SOP, too, but I'd obviously need some guidance
there.)

IMO - it's good to have different people fulfilling different roles in
Election Operations once in a while; it definitely lends itself to the
openness / transparency thing.  Also, I don't think we should let
people become entrenched in these roles to the point where they feel
as though they could not actually be nominated for an elected position
because... who would work on X portion of the process, conflict of
interest, etc.  (Or, alternately, not go on vacation.)

-Robyn