Re: "What is the Fedora Project?"

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Seth Vidal wrote:

You know what this discussion says to me more than anything else:

Lots of people claim to want fedora, but what they really  want is centos.

Not rhel.

centos.

why, you ask?

b/c they want something that a lot of people spent a lot of time making stable and they want it secure and updated.

and they want it all for free.

To be clear. I know centos cannot happen w/o rhel and rhel doesn't happen very easily w/o something like fedora.

sure feels like fedora has our niche in the ecosystem - and some folks want us to move out of our biohabitat. Ask the frogs being forced further up the mountains in costa rica by climate change what hapens there...

-sv