Re: "Fedora" in a domain name

It isn't fear. It is about what is convenient from a legal and community perspective. It would merely be easier if we avoid round trips to Red Hat Legal since Red Hat doesn't have a huge legal team and there is usually a large pile of issues including Fedora ones (thanks Spot!). If you really want a separate domain, that is certainly a choice for you to make. It is all explained in

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Local_community_domains

However note that the trademark guidelines you are referring to as well as the page above is still a draft and needs vetting from Red Hat Legal.

Rahul

Rahul,

Thanks for the information.  We have a meeting scheduled for tonight, so I will bring this up at the meeting and then reply back to the board.  I appreciate the input from the board on this.

Thanks,
Scott