Re: Fedora account restrictions

On Jan 21, 2008 8:32 AM, Russell Harrison <rtlm10@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My understanding is that he isn't requesting to remain anonymous to
the Fedora Project.  He's requesting that his name not be used in
places visible to the Internet at large.  I'm not suggesting that we
allow anonymous contributions.  I'm looking for a way to keep the
personal data of a minor available to only fp members or a subset of
members.

Yes. That is what would be preferred. My parents just do not want to be able for John Doe to google "ffm" or "Joe Bloggs" and find out that "ffm == Joe Bloggs".

I do feel its important that all contributions be connected
to an actual person.

I agree. I am not asking for anonymity from my fellow developers, only from the "public eye" of search engines.