Re: Legal Update

Christopher Aillon wrote:
On 11/19/2007 04:09 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:23:58 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

3) Another dialog which offers the Fluendo codecs/ "Click here for alternatives"
4) User chooses to click on alternatives link
5) Gets directed to Fedora wiki page which has a link to RPM Fusion

This part smells a lot like having a "reason" why these other repos
exist (like what kind of content are within) which is verboten.

Can you explain a bit more what you mean by that? I am not sure I understand.

3) Another dialog which offers legal stuff / Click here for potentially illegal stuff.
4) User chooses to click on link to illegal stuff.
5) Gets redirected to Fedora wiki page with intent to get illegal stuff.

Smells of contributory infringment.

We asked Red Hat Legal and they have told us clearly what is allowed and what I have described is what is allowed AFAIK. If we need any clarification, we can go back and ask the real lawyers.

Rahul