Re: The Multimedia Question

On 7/20/07, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So Fedora 8 would be marked as a "community derived" spin as well as
being marked as Fedora. Just as Dell's livecd would be marked as a
'community derived" spin as well as using Dell's marks.  And so on and
so on.  If we timed it correctly, we could have a dozen or so
distributions start using the additional mark at the same time...
adding weight to the purpose of it.

Let me add that you would be allowed to only use the mark in a
co-branding situation. There has to be another mark, a primary mark,
by which your software collection can be commonly known as.  This
should help prevent confusion between official Fedora crap and derived
crap.

So I could I could use revisor and make a distribution and call it
the Livestock Insemination Operating System (LIOS), a Fedora Community
Derivative.
Where its clear that the primary mark is the leading mark and the
community derived mark is more in the spirit of an accreditation or
certification mark.

-jef