Re: governance, fesco, board, etc.

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:

On Friday 08 June 2007 13:57:18 Axel Thimm wrote:
Doesn't that short-cirquit fesco out of the loop? E.g. if fesco is
supposed to be overseeing those two teams it sounds like

a) board decides on Halloween/May Day ETA
b) fesco interacts with feature/releng teams and lays out a plan to
   fulfill the board's input.
c) fesco presents to the board the results, e.g. whether this is
   possible and what the constraining parameters will be (which
   features will make it etc)

If this is considered too much hierarchical procedure then these two
teams need to be attached to the board directly.

I overlooked this myself.  IMHO the release team and feature team and QA team
should present their thoughts/desires to FESCo to decide on the schedule
and -that- would be presented to the board for final sign off.

Fair enough. I would like FESCO to be as lightweight as possible, while still providing necessary and proper oversight.

That's sort of my leadership/management theory in general, actually.

--Max