Re: FS/OSS license: not quite enough of a requirement

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

The way you ask for comments in guidelines is the process I have just
outlined here.

Except that presenting a draft if people don't even understand why any
change is needed will just get the draft discarded as pointless, so it
would be wasting my time and yours.

Not if you include a section called "rationale" explaining why you are asking for the changes.

I realize that.  I'm willing to provide the details.  But saying
you're going to ask someone else what I mean, perhaps assuming I'm a
proxy for someone else, is not exactly respectful.

Who said I am asking someone else?

I thought we'd been working long enough on this for at least you to
understand what I mean when I write "users' freedoms".  This is quite
disappointing, because it feels like we've gone through this for a
number of times already :-(

We have worked long enough, yes but there are several things that I am yet to understand your position on. You talk about user's freedom but then say that documentation or license text need not be modifiable. I need less abstract talk and more details. Please provide them.

Rahul