Re: move mailinglists to a new server (for example something like lists.fedoraproject.org)

On 1/15/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike McGrath wrote:
> On 1/15/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> seth vidal wrote:
>> > On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 22:03 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> Just so I can keep up with this, is there a pretty strong motivation
> to move forward with this or is the FAB in general just sort of
> opposed or sort of in favor of it?

I am very much in favor of it but we need to know who in the
infrastructure team is going to administrate all these mailing lists and
associated issues - moderation, spam etc. Make sure you talk to Red Hat
team managing this to know much work it takes. I know it is very much a
non trivial amount of requirement and we would be reinventing a lot of
the infrastructure. If the infrastructure team can't manage the
additional workload better than Red Hat team, we should not jump into
this. It might be better to just change the domain and let Red Hat
manage it then.

Rahul

Moderation: I'm hoping to get 'list sponsors' who are not in the
infrastructure team to do this when the lists are created.  This is
similar to the current setup.

Spam: we're actually hoping to have a spam filtering SMTP engine up
very soon (its up not but not live).  I wonder how the red hat folks
do this.

Workload: I think we can manage the workload no problem.  I'm just
worried that we're looking at doing it "because we can".  With the
exception of a few vocal people, everyone else I've heard from has
kind of said 'meh'.

               -Mike

Also does anyone know the direct email address of any of the maillist
guys (email me privately) I haven't heard back from the generic
address.