Re: move mailinglists to a new server (for example something like lists.fedoraproject.org)

Mike McGrath wrote:
On 1/15/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 22:03 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Just so I can keep up with this, is there a pretty strong motivation
to move forward with this or is the FAB in general just sort of
opposed or sort of in favor of it?

I am very much in favor of it but we need to know who in the infrastructure team is going to administrate all these mailing lists and associated issues - moderation, spam etc. Make sure you talk to Red Hat team managing this to know much work it takes. I know it is very much a non trivial amount of requirement and we would be reinventing a lot of the infrastructure. If the infrastructure team can't manage the additional workload better than Red Hat team, we should not jump into this. It might be better to just change the domain and let Red Hat manage it then.

Rahul