Re: move mailinglists to a new server (for example something like lists.fedoraproject.org)

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
On 15.01.2007 01:13, Axel Thimm wrote:
On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 04:03:01PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
during the "mailing list reorganization" discussion on fedora-devel the
idea came up again (¹) to move the fedora lists (²) off from redhat.com
to a separate machine that's under our control. E.g. something like
lists.fedoraproject.org, as that would make it obvious
If things are going to be moved to fedoraproject.org (which would be
nice), I'd suggest
 > [...]
E.g. drop the prefixing fedora-

Agreed -- I asked for opinions regarding dropping the "fedora-" prefix on fedora-devel already. Only one comment yet ("drop it"), with yours that makes two now. I tend to drop the fedora- prefix, too.

I suspect that dropping the prefix would make it harder to search. There is a reason why other projects don't do this.

Rahul