Re: why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM

Luis Villa wrote:

Do OLPC and various Cell-based things consume and even contribute to
Fedora? Absolutely. If RHEL went away tomorrow, could those projects
support Fedora? No way in hell, as far as I can see as an outsider.
Pretending otherwise is silly. Admit that RHEL is the driving force
behind Fedora right now, state that it is a goal that RHEL be just one
of many, and work in that direction.  But don't pretend it is
otherwise right now- it makes you look bad.

We are talking about two different things here as far as I can see

* What is the primary driving force of Fedora development today?
  RHEL
* Who are the consumers?
  Many.

People frequently see RHEL as the only consumer and then argue that it is ok for Fedora to be driven based on only that requirements which is the wrong approach IMO>

Rahul