Re: Metrics: What we *could* get

seth vidal wrote:
On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 12:35 -0400, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
Just a point here. It's important to point out that we're interested in something that's a good guess. Not something that's perfect. We'll never build a perfect system, but that doesn't mean that we should avoid building something that's decent.

heh, from what people have described so far here they don't even want
perfect. They want something that tells them what they want to hear.

I can write that:
 print "100000000 downloaded fc6"

I, for one, am interested in better numbers. I'm not looking for an outcome. But right now what I have is just based on innuendo and wild ass guessing. I'd be happy if I could just get to guessing without all the wild asses. As fun as that sounds.

--Chris