Re: Licensing the Fedora logo

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
On 7/14/06, Rahul <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What difference does it make is we "free" the current logo for use in
Kadischi and have a new restricted official logo ?

It all depends, on Fedora Core, since kadischi builds a livecd from
minimum a Fedora Core repository. If the new restricted official logo
is in Fedora Core, then I have to replace it when building livecds by
kadischi.

That can be easily done. Ship both the logos. Kadischi should have the capability to pick the unrestricted logo for derivatives and rebrand the distribution easily. Having the rebranding code as a separate utility would be useful for other efforts too.

Here is a list of stuff that it can handle.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Branding

Rahul

Rahul