Re: Legal contact policy and incentives for contributors

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, seth vidal wrote:

For legal issues, we have had Greg Dek acting as our counsel gateway for a while now. Considering the number of issues that popup (package license approvals, patent concerns, logo, trademark & brand guidelines etc etc), having a single person acting as a gateway might not be the best approach here and since the primary Red Hat counsel is already in this list, we might consider sending a mail to this list for addressing their legal concerns regarding Fedora for issues that can be address in a public list and let Greg Dek handle anything more sensitive off list. If we have consensus, lets make this our new policy.

Umm - Is Greg on board with this? :)

In reality, it should s/Greg/Max with regard to Fedora legal issues. And I'm on board with it.

--Max

--
Max Spevack
+ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MaxSpevack