Re: Legal contact policy and incentives for contributors

Max Spevack wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, seth vidal wrote:

For legal issues, we have had Greg Dek acting as our counsel gateway for a while now. Considering the number of issues that popup (package license approvals, patent concerns, logo, trademark & brand guidelines etc etc), having a single person acting as a gateway might not be the best approach here and since the primary Red Hat counsel is already in this list, we might consider sending a mail to this list for addressing their legal concerns regarding Fedora for issues that can be address in a public list and let Greg Dek handle anything more sensitive off list. If we have consensus, lets make this our new policy.

Umm - Is Greg on board with this? :)

In reality, it should s/Greg/Max with regard to Fedora legal issues. And I'm on board with it.

So would you prefer any legal issues including license approval for packages in Fedora Extras send to this list or to you directly.

http://fedora.redhat.com/About/contact.html lists Greg Dek as the legal contact still.

Patrick, can we copy all such pages (leaving out the formally published documentation under /docs for now) over to the wiki and setup up redirects? Shouldnt be more than a dozen pages now.

Rahul