Re: Fedora as Free Software?

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

    Ok here is what is out of Fedora development this morning.. hoping
    that the License tag is accurate. There are about 238 packages that
    need 'cleanups' in one form or another.. my counting had to be done
    by hand because style issues.

    Total Packages:         1155
    GPL Only:                504
    LGPL Only:               137
    MIT/X11:                 119
    BSD:                      58
    Artistic/GPL:             42
    MIT:                      16
    GPL/LGPL:                 14
    Public Domain:            17
Is it worth filing bugs against the 200+ packages that need a cleanup?

I'd suggest waiting at least until a license format standard/guideline is chosen.

And who would formulate a standard Licensing schema for this? [Again is it worth it.. beyond pub arguments?]

I'd argue this should fall under Fedora Packaging Guidelines.

-- Rex