Re: [fab] Non-standard kernels in the Fedora Multiverse

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
/me is late in the discussion -- and it seems everything important is
already said.
Just to make sure: I also don't like the idea of having kernels in
extras or adding a CCRMA-Kernel to core. What I fear most besides the
maintenance nightmare: openVZ, vserver, swsusp2, reiser4 <insert 10
other projects> would probably want their own Fedora-Kernel in that
case, too. And I don't think we really want that ;-)

Modules are OK, though. Depends on _what_ they want to do. Does it require changes to the code, or is it just an add-on? Some we want to prevent, some we want to encourage.

--Chris