Re: [fab] Non-standard kernels in the Fedora Multiverse

Rex Dieter wrote:

Good point, such anonymous bug report data may be useful after all. If done this way, we'd have to be careful to make sure users don't end up thinking the anonymous reports are good enough and stop using bugzilla altogether.

I think that what I'm trying to say here is that I think it's time that we try to stop thinking that the only place we can collect this information is bugzilla.

A one-to-one relationship between crashes and bugs is high overhead, anonymous, useless data. But take data, put it somewhere else and make it available in a way that's useful and you've just made your lives much easier. You learn more about what's going on in the world and you've just made bugzilla higher signal too - by removing all the data that should have been somewhere else in the first place.

Bugzilla should be for tasks that real humans have to do, not data that needs to be collected and processed.

--Chris