Re: Do you use cobbler's support for dnsmasq?

On May 2, 2008, at 9:05 AM, Michael DeHaan wrote:

Sandor W. Sklar wrote:

On May 2, 2008, at 8:54 AM, Michael DeHaan wrote:

Still, more feedback welcome... as I'm curious as to how widely this is being used (and also how
high dnsmasq is scaling)

Since you said more feedback is welcome, I'll state that we in fact do not use any of the DNS features of cobbler; we've already got a large-scale, robust DNS service and management system, so, vis-a- vis this thread, I just hope that whatever decision is made, it doesn't have too much impact on those of us not using Cobbler for DNS.

Thanks,
-s-

It will not make any impact. Mainly I just needed feedback on dnsmasq. I know quite a few people are using the ISC support.

The idea with Cobbler is that if you /do/ want to get out of the business of maintaining your DHCP/DNS/kickstart/system-definition info in 3 places, cobbler will let you do it. And while it is "batteries included", we don't require any of those to be used, nor are they on by default.

Good to hear.  :-)  I figured as much, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
	-s-