Re: %include

drew einhorn wrote:

If 0.6.0 is likely in a couple weeks, I have no need for an 0.5.2

There's definitely a need for the 0.5 branch. Testing. Bug reports. Helping 0.6.0 be a better release. If no one
uses source/testing releases, releases will go a lot slower.

If you're willing to try out 0.5.x/source now, you should continue to use it, and the changes coming in 0.6.0 will be very very
slight.   You'll have a leg up, even.

    > I've cobbled together my own .rpm packages
    > using the latest source from git
    >
    > I think they have some minor problems
    >    bad %files section
    This may already be corrected upstream.  Depends when your
    checkout was.

You don't realize what I did.
I expanded the latest source rpms I could find, 0.5.1
think .spec file in the download directory was a bit newer
took the source code from git
mashed it all together and built an rpm

yeah, the spec file is in git and "make" is set to use that automagically.

Think to get it right all I would need to fix the %files section

There may be other more subtle problems.
I don't know!

I'll be glad when I have something I have a bit more faith in.

"make" straight out of the source checkout builds RPMs. They will build just like they do on anyone else's box.