Re: %include

Adam Rosenwald wrote:
Nice!!! Will make use of this!

Examples should fit nicely in the KickstartTemplating WiKi page. :)

It's a public wiki ... so community generated examples are always welcome anytime. You'll need to create a Fedora Account System account to get
started:   https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

However, just to get folks started, I've written some things up: https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/cobbler/wiki/KickstartTemplating

Probably more than most want to know :)

-A.

Michael DeHaan wrote:
drew einhorn wrote:
My kickstarts would be simpler and more readable if I could put stuff that's frequently used in many kickstarts in a separate file and use %include Where do I put the files so kickstart can find them when the time comes.

--
Drew Einhorn

I've just committed a neat feature to allow easy includes in kickstart templates without needing to do the host-on-http-server / wget-in-pre / %include trick.

To do this, in a kickstart template, you can now say:

SNIPPET::name_of_snippet

and it will automatically include the contents of /var/lib/cobbler/snippets/name_of_snippet

The interestingness here is that the snippet definition can also contain further Cobbler templating variables that are profile and/or system specific -- which is something
you can't do in Anaconda without a lot of black magic.

Currently Cobbler includes only one sample snippet as an example, and you will see SNIPPET::partition_select in the new default kickstarts. Folks can define as many more as they like by adding files to /var/lib/cobbler/snippets/, giving each file a descriptive name.

--Michael