Re: how to use epel8-playground?

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 7:18 AM Dave Dykstra <dwd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So that did get the epel8-playground branch created for me, in this
> issue:
>     https://pagure.io/releng/fedora-scm-requests/issue/15267
>
> I was able to successfully pull the branch, populate it, and push it
>     https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/singularity/tree/epel8-playground
>
> I tried first without a package.cfg and got these messages from fedpkg
> build:
>     No local config file exists.
>     Create package.cfg to specify build targets to build.
>     Could not find the release/dist from branch name epel8-playground
>     Please specify with --release
>     Note: You can skip NVR construction & NVR check with --skip-nvr-check. See help for more info.
>     Could not execute build: Cannot continue without properly constructed NVR.
>
> Ok, so I created a package.cfg with targets = epel8-playground and then
> fedpkg build gave me these messages:
>     Target epel8-playground is unknown. Skip.
>     Could not find the release/dist from branch name epel8-playground
>     Please specify with --release
>     Note: You can skip NVR construction & NVR check with --skip-nvr-check. See help for more info.
>     Could not execute build: Cannot continue without properly constructed NVR.
>
> I tried using fedpkg --release epel8 build but that just moved it over
> to the epel8 branch; when used with --skip-nvr-check it said
>     Building singularity-3.3.0-1.el8 for epel8-candidate
> Can you figure out what's still not right?
>
> Dave

This is how I build for playground

  fedpkg build --skip-nvr-check  --target=epel8-playground

"skip-nvr-check" skips the initial check that fedpkg does to see if a
package has already been built.  Although that is a nice thing to do,
koji also does a check, so it isn't completely necessary.

"target=epel8-playground" I'm not positive this is necessary, but I
was using fedpkg back before it was patched to know about playground,
and that's just what I do right now.

I believe fedpkg is going to be updated to do the nvr check correctly.
But the team is stretched fairly thin and they were working mainly on
"critical bugs" regarding playground.  bugs that couldn't be worked
around with an option.

Troy