Re: Coolkey use problems on Fedora 14 (no token available)

On 02/08/2011 06:40 PM, Steve Arnold wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 12:00:06 -0500 Lyall Pearce wrote:
>
> [snip]
>> I guess I should mention that coolkey-1.1.0-r1 (gentoo speak)
>> worked and every other release after that didn't. Luckily, I have
>> a binary backup as the gentoo ebuild is no longer available.
>>
>> Unluckily, that is a 32 bit backup and my 64 bit system is
>> relatively new, and so, does not work.
> Note that earlier Gentoo coolkey ebuilds worked with the old CACs,
> but the coolkey-1.1.0-r3 update was necessary to pick up the latest
> RedHat patches for the newer CACs (which is the only change in the
> Gentoo package). Since that's all I have to test with, you're kinda
> on your own for the other stuff.
Hmm, this is weird, because I have old CAC's that I tested on the newer
code to make sure the work before I made the updated. I don't know how
gentoo picked up the peices, though. Maybe the are missing a patch?
> When submitting bug reports, I'd recommend going straight to
> RedHat, and if you want to get my attention, feel free to file a
> Gentoo bug with the RedHat bug # etc.
If you can reproduce the problem on Fedora, it will give some weight to
the Red Hat bug. Even if you can't, it's probably worth filing it, since
RH is upstream for coolkey.
> As of just the last few days, there seems to be an issue (on
> several of my Gentoo systems) with coolkey and firefox now;
> although pcsc_scan sees the card as normal, firefox now refuses to
> display a window when I have my CAC reader and card inserted (if I
> unplug it everything works normally).  Still trying to figure that
> one out...
Perhaps I should accellerate getting a new coolkey tarball out so that
we know gentoo has all the right patches.

bob