Re: Problems accessing ActivIdentity USB SIM under Gentoo Linux 64 bit on Intel

What do I need to do to assist/diagnose this problem?

I know C but don't know the protocols.

I also noticed that I think the ActivIdentity USB SIM may have timing issues because if I connect the device to a Windows XP VM in VirtualBox runnning on my Gentoo Linux 32 bit system, which has the ActivIdentity software installed. From the VM, I remote desktop to a VirtualBox Windows XP VM on a remote computer. The Remote Windows XP VM also has the ActivIdentity software installed and try authenticate to the remote machine using the key, sometimes it works, other times it takes ages, and the USB SIM sits there being accessed constantly, as though it's retrying frequently, whereas, when used locally (on the remote VM), it's a couple of accesses and it's done.

USB SIM is at home, remote Windows XP VM is at work.

Host Gentoo 32 bit Linux -> VirtualBox Windows XP VM ->  Remote Desktop -> network (VPN)  -> Host Gentoo 64 bit linux -> VirtualBox Windows XP VM -> ActivIdentity authentication

Bottom line, I am not entirely convinced that the Software provided by ActivIdentity works reliably given the USB data is transported across a network, introducing timing delays.

...Lyall