Re: Cool-Key on Solaris

Were you able to build coolkey without editing machdep.cpp and coolkeypk11.def?

I built coolkey a few months back on FreeBSD 7.0-beta2 without either of this hacks, but Firefox would crash every time I tried to add coolkey as a security device. Sadly that system is no longer functioning (hardware failure), but I wonder if your notes would help anyone trying to use coolkey on FreeBSD.

Ken Renard (CONTRACTOR) wrote:
I've had success with Solaris 10 on x86 and Sparc systems using the following notes (libusb was 'given' for me, though).

-Ken Renard

Building CAC Software (CoolKey) on a Solaris X86 or Sparc System

Solaris x86 notes:
==================
  My system is a old dual Intel system with an add-on USB card.
  x86 (GenuineIntel family 6 model 5 step 2 clock 350 MHz)

  I am running Solaris 10 11/06 X86.
  SunOS grampa 5.10 Generic_118855-33 i86pc i386 i86pc

Solaris Sparc notes:
====================
  Tested system is Sun v240 running Solaris 10.

You must have libusb support on the system which is part of the solaris
install.

1) Build pcsc-lite

Download pcsc-lite-1.4.3.tar.gz

$ gnzip < pcsc-lite-1.4.3.tar.gz | tar xvf -

$ cd pcsc-lite-1.4.3

$ ./configure

$ make

# sudo -s

# make install

2) Build ccid

Download ccid-1.3.0.tar.gz

$ gunzip < ccid-1.3.0.tar.gz | tar xvf -

$ cd ccid-1.3.0

$ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig ./configure

Edit ./contrib/Makefile so that we do not make Kobil_mIDentity_switch.
Change the line:
SUBDIRS = Kobil_mIDentity_switch RSA_SecurID
SUBDIRS = RSA_SecurID

$ make

$ sudo

# make install

3) Build CoolKey

Download coolkey-1.1.0.tar.gz

$ gunzip < coolkey-1.1.0.tar.gz | tar xvf -

$ cd coolkey-1.1.0

$ ./configure

NOTE: Historically, MAP_FILE was required for mapping regular files,
even though it was the default.  Some systems  like Solaris do not have
it. Typically system that have it set set it to 0.

Edit ./src/coolkey/machdep.cpp by adding these lines after all the includes.

#ifndef MAP_FILE
#define MAP_FILE 0
#endif

Edit ./src/coolkey/coolkeypk11.def and take out empty line at line 19

$ make

[Note 'gmake' might be necessary if build appears to 'hang' on a "grep" command]

$ sudo -s

# make install

4) Start pcscd
# /usr/local/sbin/pcscd