CoolKey for Gentoo

David Mueller writes:
 > I've been working on creating a Gentoo ebuild for CoolKey

Hi, I've been packaging for Debian.
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/coolkey/

 > 1. Is there a tarball floating around for the 1.0.1 release?

Me Too. My approach was to pick a date and `cvs export -D` to that date
in the hopes that makes it easy for others to replicate.

 > 2. ... headers and .la and .a files as well as the .so ...

which might be useful to somebody, so should be packaged.

 > 3. The Gentoo developer thinks the package should be split in two,

I took the approach of three, but since coolkey depends upon libckyapplet1,
the common case will have both of those installed. The libckyapplet1-dev
package has the headers etc. for developers.

 > 4. The Gentoo developer doesn't seem to like the automatic install into nss and would like some sort of --disable-nss-install.

My packages skip the installer, mainly because I don't feel that I have enough clue
about what it is doing. Also, I'd like to see an installer for CA certificates to
avoid all the clicking around in the gui to get those set up.

Let me chime in too, and say that I think "pk11install" seems too generic for me,
and I'd probably change the name to "coolkey_pk11install", since that is more
precisely what it does.

Knowing how to install by hand has let me use coolkey with the Gnome Epiphany browser, too.

Good luck,
-Maitland