Re: Compaq DL360 G2 TG3 Duplex Issue

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 11:25:34AM -0700, Eric Gunnett wrote:
>	This is where I would say you are right. But in the past we
> have had several incidents of the servers and cisco switches such as
> 2924, 2950, 3548, negotiating the wrong duplex. I am not sure if it is
> the switch or the server who sets the speed incorrectly, I guess that
> depends on how you look at it. So we have gone to forcing the switch
> and the server to the same speed and duplex. I guess I could force the
> switch to half duplex like the server wants, but now it is a matter of
> I would like to know how to make the darn DL360 G2 boot to full duplex
> like the  older DL360 G1s do on boot.

tg3 autonegotiates properly, no need to force it to anything.

Most people we hear from who have set their ciscos to full duplex
are acting on the advice of sun to (as far as we can tell) work
around some bug of sun's.  <sigh>

As I said, use ifup-post rather than rc.local to solve your problem.
It will allow you to call ethtool immediately after the interface is
enabled instead of after you try to do NFS mounts.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Linux Wireless]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]