Re: Compaq DL360 G2 TG3 Duplex Issue

	This is where I would say you are right. But in the past we have had several incidents of the servers and cisco switches such as 2924, 2950, 3548, negotiating the wrong duplex. I am not sure if it is the switch or the server who sets the speed incorrectly, I guess that depends on how you look at it. So we have gone to forcing the switch and the server to the same speed and duplex. I guess I could force the switch to half duplex like the server wants, but now it is a matter of I would like to know how to make the darn DL360 G2 boot to full duplex like the  older DL360 G1s do on boot.

Eric Gunnett
System Administrator
Zoovy, Inc.
eric@xxxxxxxxx

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 10:31:34AM -0700, Eric Gunnett wrote:
>	I am currently using /sbin/ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full
> autoneg off to get the server to full duplex on boot. But the problem I
> am trying to alleviate is I am mounting several file systems via NFS and
> when the server comes up in Half Duplex, they do not mount. So I change
> the duplex in the /etc/rc.local file, but then I find that I have to
> remount the file systems which is time consuming.

Well, you could set up an ifup-post instead of rc.local -- but Jeff
is right, just set up autonegotiate, don't force the ports not to
negotiate.  Why make life hard for yourself?

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/