Network installs locks up...

I've been trying to get a Compaq DL360-G3 to install RH8/9
over the network using kickstart and the system constantly
hangs. I am using the stock installer files and the NIC is a
Broadcom, chipset 5703. The same box sans one cpu will
install and run great so I am pretty sure it's the same problem
others have been seeing with SMP systems and this card.

That said, I disabled both onboard gigE nics and used a 3com
card i it's place and it still hangs during install.

I saw a post from 12/2002 with a similar issue. Has this been
resolved anywhere? Are there updated VMLINUZ and
INITRD.IMG files with the newer drivers anywhere?

Also I've tried the noapic option as well and that didn't seem to
help at all....

Any other ideas?

Corey

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Linux Wireless]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]