Re: Making reqpart in kickstart to do BIOS+UEFI with GPT on x86?

On Wed, 1 Sep 2021 15:57:28 +0200
Martin Kolman <mkolman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 4:58 AM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Last week, Dan Horak notified the Cloud WG that we accidentally broke
> > ppc64le images[1] with our Hybrid BIOS+UEFI on GPT setup[2] because
> > now there's no PReP partition being made for POWER images.
> >
> > He suggested in the ticket that it might be worth asking if we could
> > have the reqpart command extended to do BIOS+UEFI setup when on GPT.
> > If not by default, perhaps adding a flag to do it?
> >
> What's would be the difference from the current behavior ?

my idea would be adding a "--hybrid" option to "reqpart" that would
create both "BIOS" + "EFI" partitions on x86 systems. For remaining
systems I believe they use only a single boot partition kind, so
nothing will change there. This way you could create a "works
everywhere" image the easiest way.

		Dan