Re: livemedia-creator lorax customizing question

Am Wed, 7 Apr 2021 09:00:25 -0700
hat "Brian C. Lane" <bcl@xxxxxxxxxx> (Brian C. Lane) folgendes
geschrieben:

Hi Brian,
yes, you understand it correct.

> On Sun, Apr 04, 2021 at 11:21:50AM +0200, Niene Rink wrote:
> > Hello,
> > since yesterday i am a step further.
>
> If I am understanding correctly you are using livemedia-creator and
> you want to add files to the live user's home directory, correct?

Yes

> lorax/lmc templates aren't the right way to do that, they operate on
> the results of the Anaconda installation not inside of it so they can
> only change the contents of the iso.

googling around give me one hit, where you mention a lorax parameter
which adds stuff to an iso-graft dir, when it is there. So it make sense
when i use this iso-graft, it is not in the anaconda generated
filesystem.

> For production setups I recommend wrapping your files in an rpm and
> using a local repository added to the kickstart. This lets you keep
> track of what went into each image.

hope there is a simple way, but its ok, i can generate an easy rpm.
diectory of the files must not be home.

> For one-off or proof of concept images you could use %post --nochroot
> but I am not 100% sure what is available without trying it myself. We
> are running anaconda from the host using unshare, but the host
> filesystem should be available to copy files from.

i tried %post -nochroot, but with no effort in my mock environment.

> kickstart script output is logged so you could add some diagnostics to
> your kickstart and then look in ./anaconda/*log for the output to see
> what is visible from the %post.

Thanks so far Brian, and the moment i use 2 usb sticks, one with the
live OS, one with 2 apps and my data. Executing my install.sh from the
usb stick makes it easy, but not perfect ;-)

perfect for me:  live cd with apps and my encrypted stick with my data.

So  try to build an autobuild process for the 2 apps around my livecd
build process.

regards