Re: "enabling zram.service on LiveOS boots"

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 01:24:27PM +0200, jkonecny@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> There has to be change in the live media creation. Anaconda don't have
> power on what is booted on Live DVD.
>
> I think the Fedora kickstart used to create the DVD Live image is the
> change target here. That kickstart should enable the service so it will
> be auto-started during the Live DVD boot. However, if we do that then
> the service will be also enabled on the installed system which is
> probably not what we wanted to do...

Correct. The place to enable it would be in the livesys script that the
%post section writes. But I'm not sure if that's too late in the boot
process for it to be useful. As long as it is just started, not enabled,
from the script it should only run when booting the live iso and not the
installed system.

--
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT) - weldr.io - lorax - parted