Re: Anaconda Docker addon review needed

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016, at 11:38 AM, Brian C. Lane wrote:

> That would just complicate things. Anaconda is already setting up the
> system, already using blivet, and already executing the kickstart. I see
> no benefit in trying to integrate docker-storage-setup into that, it is
> really meant for a completely different situation AFAIK.

The thing is that in cloud and pxe-to-live we need the storage to be set
up dynamically.  Anaconda is run on the server side and generates
an image, then on boot is where the host allocates storage as
desired based on configuration (cloud-init metadata).

So there is a lot of overlap in that we want the ability to do the
same things when doing an ISO install on a system using Anaconda,
as well as importing an image.

BTW, one interesting approach taken by:
https://coreos.com/blog/bare-metal-config-service-coreos.html
is that it does the partitioning in the initramfs.  This would make
sense for both cloud and pxe-to-live cases.