Re: Anaconda Docker addon review needed

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 09:20:01AM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2016, at 04:19 PM, Brian C. Lane wrote:
>
> > This is an anaconda kickstart, you setup storage with anaconda and tell
> > the addon which VG you're using so it can be passed on to the daemon. If
> > anything is duplicating something it's docker-storage-setup :)
>
> It's not really interesting to debate which component was "first" here, but the
> point I'm trying to make is more that this patch adds *more* duplication
> of code that already did exist in docker-storage-setup.  (On the reverse
> end, certainly d-s-s' partitioning code obviously long postdates anaconda)
>
> For what it's worth, I would lean in favor of trying to use blivet
> in docker-storage-setup (which would be a total rewrite, but it's
> not a lot of code now).  Then this addon could import the d-s-s
> python code.

That would just complicate things. Anaconda is already setting up the
system, already using blivet, and already executing the kickstart. I see
no benefit in trying to integrate docker-storage-setup into that, it is
really meant for a completely different situation AFAIK.

> > > For example, the addon doesn't seem to support overlayfs right now.
> >
> > Is overlayfs supported by anything yet?
>
> https://github.com/projectatomic/docker-storage-setup/issues/49

I've added support for it:

https://github.com/rhinstaller/docker-anaconda-addon/pull/2

I'll probably look at adding btrfs as well.