Re: Notifying post-install tools about screens seen by the user

On Fri, 2015-11-06 at 11:17 +0100, Martin Kolman wrote:
> Also theoretically if any tools showing configuration screens before
> Anaconda starts (as in the example above) could record these screens
> as
> visited in the config file, Anaconda could then parse the file on
> startup and hide screens marked as visited.

Hm, then this proposal would actually cover our request as well... two
birds with one stone, so to speak. Anaconda wouldn't need much (or
maybe any) Workstation-specific logic, then. g-i-s could write this
file tell which spokes it should hide.

I think we could have code to write this file in upstream g-i-s, so
long as the config file format doesn't have any gratuitous Anaconda-
isms: all installers have similar screens for timezone/local/keyboard
layout/user creation, so I don't expect that to be much of a problem,
and other distros could theoretically use it if desired. The name and
location of the file doesn't matter much to us; we assume each distro
will have only one installer, so we can set it to point to an Anaconda-
specific location with a configure flag.

Michael