Re: Can't install after modify comps.xml file (Jack Ngo)

Jack,

What is it you're trying to do?  I think altering the pristine RHEL7 install media as delivered
from Redhat is philosophically a bad idea.  As there's copious other ways to accomplish the same
result.

1. If you're wanting to tailor the list of packages, you can do that in your kickstart file.

Here's an example of how to do this.  (This example uses HTTP, but you could trivially
modify to use NFS.)

   %pre
   wget http://143.66.6.45/redhat/RHEL7/x86_64/install/subtracted_packages.txt
   wget http://143.66.6.45/redhat/RHEL7/x86_64/install/added_packages.txt
   %end

   %packages --ignoremissing
   @^Minimal Install
   %include /tmp/build/added_packages.txt
   %include /tmp/build/subtracted_packages.txt
   %end

2. If you want to add supplemental third-party RPMs, you can add in your %post section to
NFS copy a tarball with this content.  And then explode out the content and install.
Or install the RPMs directly from a NFS share.

3. If you want to patch RHEL7.0 to the latest from RHN channel, you can do that also in
your %post section.

For instance we have a yum repo (rhel5.latest), but you could also use SpaceWalk.

4. If you wanted to further customize, you could craft your own LiveImage and install
from LiveImage.

In short, I'm grasping at any use case where it's necessary to modify the pristine RHEL7
install media.

(Boot media yes, install media no).

Spike