Re: LiveCD or equivalent questions...

I am an end-user since 2004.  Over time I suffered with long but successful transition to Anaconda.  I think that at times you need to see things from another perspective, the guy who wants to install or reinstall one or more systems.

As an example, using Fedora,  we have a DVD that was released on December 13th, 2013, and it is current as of that date.  With it's use comes around 1000 updates, about equal to the 2 or more gigabytes of downloads. If one has to install this distribution onto several systems, we have a tremendous waste of downloads and time.

But...
If we have an install iso that is built from kickstart files, and it's sole role is to assemble and create a current iso within the user's Download directory, using that ISO image to do installations would result in new systems as as current as the day the kickstart iso was downloaded.  Creating other systems from that iso created via ks will result in the other systems being current, with no massive downloads of updates.

The other advantage to this approach is that the system to analyze hardware, could be enhanced, so that new ISO installations are done smoothly.  And one more thing,  the users will be able, to add other repositories and software groups to that ks iso.

Thus

Kickstart ISO ==>Download==>Create Install ISO==>[Optionally add repositories and other software]==>
Create Local distribution DVD Image ==>Install to other systems.

If I am off topic, sorry.
Currently my approach is do 3 netinstalls for 6 multiboot systems on 3 different hardware systems, and and I am annoyed at the waste of bandwidth and time.

Regards

 Leslie
Mr. Leslie Satenstein
SENT FROM MY OPEN SOURCE LINUX SYSTEM.