Re: anaconda/grub2/ostree/uefi/cats/dogs

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014, at 12:03 PM, Gene Czarcinski wrote:

I have been at this for a lot of years and one thing I have learned (the hard way as usual) is "do not destroy a working system".

That philosophy drives the design and implementation of OSTree.

While moving forward, we need to be careful and not break the capability to boot old installs after installing the latest and greatest.

Right. Clearly at least grubby is going to have to work with current systems, including odd corner cases like how the Cloud image has both grub1 and syslinux config files, the former with console=hvc0.