Re: Bootstrap yum install

On 07/12/2014 03:44 PM, Jon Stanley wrote:
On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 11:38 PM, zip <zip@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What I'm failing on...  From my vm, a simple test of:
yum --config /tmp/yum.conf --installroot /mnt/sysimage/ install <simple
package>

gives me an error / Traceback that ends in
"AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'GroupInstallError'
This should be enough - you're trying install "Fedora-on-Fedora",
right? IOW, you're not using Ubuntu or something as the compose OS? I
just did this (since I don't need to use a yum config different than
what's on the host) and things worked fine:

$ sudo yum --installroot=/home/jstanley/insttemp --releasever=20
install anaconda

Note that I had to include --releasever because the default Fedora yum
config makes use of it, and in an empty chroot it can't be derived. If
your config doesn't make use of that then you don't need it.

(as a side note: 380 packages for anaconda and it's deps? Really? :D)

I found I am making a lot better progress using the Fedora Live boot rather than the standard install ISO rescue disk. Seems to have a full yum installation.

But still some work to go yet.

Thanks,
Brian